Spider veins appear in parts of the body where the pressure is exerted on veins regularly. Due to their spider-web-like appearance on the skin, it is named as spider veins. The basic difference between varicose veins and spider veins are that varicose veins are comparatively larger, raised, swollen with more twists and turn. Over the years, remedies have been discovered and in this article, which majorly deals with the witch hazel spider veins nose, will deal with other possible and natural remedies.
CAUSES OF SPIDER VEINS:
In this witch hazel spider veins nose article, this section will deal with the causes of spider veins.
- Aging- With aging, the body gets weak, the skin wrinkles, and the blood flow becomes more difficult, and thus, results in the buildup, causing spider veins.
- Intense sun exposure- the ones People with a fair complexion develop spider veins due to intense exposure from UVA/UVB rays.
- Hormonal shifts- spider veins develop during hormonal shifts like puberty or pregnancy. The ones that develop during pregnancy often go away automatically after delivery.
- Smoking/drinking- Prolonged heavy drinking causes permanent spider veins. Alcohol dilates the blood vessels, resulting in spider veins. This happens once the alcohol consumption becomes too heavy for a prolonged period of time. Studies show that smoking has the same effects too.
- Weight gain- normally, gaining weight, i.e. healthy weight, which is in right proportion with your height is considered fine. Once you are overweight or obese, your body weight puts a lot of pressure on your legs, this eventually leads to spider veins. Doing leg workouts regularly will help in reducing pain that is associated with spider veins and eventually will heal it. It is advisable to maintain optimum weight.
- Injuries/lack of movement- it is important to exercise and have a dynamic lifestyle because a sedentary lifestyle might lead to spider veins. If you have any habit, like sitting with your legs bent or crossed, spider veins will occur due to lack of circulation.
- Hereditary- consider your family’s medical health history. In case, if any one or more of your blood relatives have/ had spider veins, take appropriate measures like maintaining optimum body weight.
SYMPTOMS OF SPIDER VEINS:
- Pain related to pressure on venules (a very small vein, especially one collecting blood from the capillaries.)
- Threadlike red marks/patterns on the skin.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR SPIDER VEINS:
In our witch hazel spider veins nose article, this section will deal with curing spider veins naturally.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR:
Note: If this is for applying on face, dilute it with little water and then proceed.
- Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it to the area with spider veins.
- You can also drink apple cider vinegar in proportion by mixing 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 glass of water. This will help in improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation of spider veins.
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL TREATMENT:
- Mix three drops of lemon essential oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Massage the mixture on the affected veins, thrice a day.
- Do this for a period of three weeks.
CAYENNE PEPPER REMEDY:
Cayenne pepper has capsaicin and flavonoids which help in the increase of blood flow, ease pain, and skin irritation that are caused by spider veins.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of grounded cayenne powder and a cup of water.
- Drink this mixture once in a day.
- Try to include cayenne pepper as an ingredient in foods daily.
The presence of Ruscogenins in butcher’s broom reduces the inflammation caused by spider veins. This ingredient helps in improving blood circulation and the production of collagen.
- 300mg of butcher’s broom supplements can be taken internally.
In this article of witch hazel spider veins nose, this part will deal with the general application of witch hazel on areas that are affected by the spider vein.
Witch hazel helps in removing blood congestion which is responsible for causing spider veins. In a study, it is found that witch hazel extract strengthens veins and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Take a few drops of witch hazel extract on a cotton ball.
- Apply on the areas with spider veins.
- You can also boil few witch hazel leaves and use the water obtained as a cold or lukewarm compress on affected areas.
HORSE CHESTNUT SEEDS:
The next remedy procedure in the witch hazel spider veins nose article is the procedure using chestnut seeds.
- Mix horse chestnut and distilled witch hazel. This must be in the proportion of 1 part of horse chestnut: 10 parts of distilled witch hazel. This forms a tincture.
- Apply this mixture on areas affected by spider vein.
The next remedy procedure is the procedure using Gotu Kola.
Gotu kola helps to reduce swelling and improves the flow of blood.
- Make a tea with dried leaves of Gotu Kola and drink twice a day.
Note: Gotu kola tea should be taken continuously for a period of fewer than 6 weeks.
The next remedy procedure is the procedure using ginkgo biloba.
- You can ingest 120-240 mg of ginkgo biloba extract twice or thrice a day.
The next remedy procedure is the procedure using bilberry.
Rich in flavonoids, tannins, phenolic acids, bilberry removes blood congestion and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- 20mg to 40mg of bilberry extract can be used thrice a day.
- Bilberry tea can be consumed instead of bilberry extract. Usage of pine bark and extract supplements together can be avoided.
- The extract supplement can be used for a maximum period of 6 weeks.
This section deals with other food intake and the application to cure spider vein.
- Ginger intake improves blood circulation, reduces blood pressure and make the blood thinner.
- Massaging olive oil on spider vein affected areas. This helps to increase the flow of blood, reduces pain and inflammation.
- Massaging coconut oil on legs and affected areas help in relieving of pain and swelling and promotes the smooth flow of blood.
- Bioflavonoids foods like red bell peppers, strawberries, citrus fruits, broccoli, brussels sprouts, garlic, green tea, spinach can be consumed to strengthen blood vessels and to maintain the structural integrity of the veins.
OTHER METHODS TO TREAT SPIDER VEINS:
This section deals with the other possible methods to treat spider veins.
- Laser therapy- this method cures and removes spider veins by targeting the laser on the widened vessel and sealing it. It has a shorter recovery period, comparing to the period required for recovery after surgery.
- Surgery- this method cures and removes spider veins by removing widened vessels.
- Sclerotherapy-this method helps by injecting a chemical solution to the inner lining of blood vessels which results in the blood clot which in return results in collapsing, thickening or scarring the venule.
- Electrodesiccation- this method is used on the face. In this method, small amounts of current are delivered to the portion on the face where the spider vein is visible. For the spider veins that are deep on the face, intense pulse light energy method is used to cure the spider veins.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SPIDER VEINS:
- SEA SALT- Salt has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Salt also helps in facilitating good circulation. When diluted in water and taken daily, this helps in restoring the body’s natural balance of nutrients. This helps in minimizing spider veins or eliminates it.
- ARNICA- derived from a flower, this effectively helps in treating pain and inflammation. Containing natural anti-inflammatory properties, this compound helps in improving circulation in the body. Applying Arnica daily helps in diminishing the presence of spider veins.
- COMPRESSION STOCKINGS- These stockings squeeze your legs throughout the day and thus improve circulation. There’s no fixed duration of use and can be used as long as desired.
PREVENTING SPIDER VEINS:
This section will suggest a few methods to prevent spider veins from happening to you.
- Don’t cross your legs for a very long time.
- Do not consume too much salt.
- Limit your alcohol intake and smoking levels.
- Do not wear high heels for a very long time.
- Wear sunscreen whenever going out to prevent spider veins on the face.
FOOD TO PREVENT SPIDER VEINS:
- High fiber foods- Foods like apple, lentils, cornbread are high in fiber. Intake of these foods helps in keeping the digestive system at an optimum level. It is important to keep the digestive system at an optimum level since the pressure on your bowels can put pressure on the veins which result in spider veins.
- Vein-strengthening foods: fruits like blueberries, cherries, red grapes contain antioxidants and flavonoids which help to build tissue and keep your veins strong and healthy.
- Water-adding lemon, honey, cayenne pepper can help in increasing your metabolism.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT SPIDER VEINS:
- Spider veins are caused by pooling of blood and not by clotting of blood.
- Spider veins are caused by bad circulation.
- The veins must be treated by phlebologist for complete recovery.
- Spider veins are common during pregnancy. This begins in the first trimester.
- Lack of mobility increases the risk of getting spider veins.
- Howbeit, no qualms, as witch hazel spider veins nose are curable.
SPIDER VEINS ON FACE:
- The above are causes and cures of spider veins on various parts of the body. This part of witch hazel spider veins nose will deal with the causative reasons for spider veins on the face.
- Telangiectasias is the scientific name for spider veins on the face. So, how to use witch hazel on face? These are dilated blood vessels that resemble the web of a spider. On the face, cheeks and nose are common places of the appearance of spider veins. The scientific reason behind this spider veins is that the deoxygenated blood in facial blood vessels undergoes a backflow. These happen due to extreme sun exposure, heredity reasons, hormonal imbalance. Women are more vulnerable due to the frequent imbalance of hormones that are caused every month due to menstruation.
- Genetics make some people more likely to have spider veins.
- Exposing the skin under the sun also increases the chance of damage caused by the sun because it enlarges blood vessels and this ends up drawing them closer to the skin.
- Change in the weather condition affects the circulation within the body. This results in flushing of skin on the face, which in turn, results in spider veins.
- using witch hazel for spider veins on face is an effective method to tackle this problem.
- When there are sudden and extreme changes in pressure, small broken vessels tend to appear. This pressure can also be caused by a hard sneeze or spasms caused by vomiting.
- Certain chemicals act as environmental irritants once your skin is exposed to air. This damaged skin makes blood vessels more visible. This results in more visibility of blood vessels.
- Rosacea is also another reason for spider veins. Rosacea often appears like an acne/ eczema/ skin allergy but it is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that affects the face.
- Alcohol dilates blood vessels for a short period of time and frequent consumption leads to breaking of blood vessels and redness on the face.
- Injuries like head injuries cause broken blood vessels. This causes spider veins.
- Age is also another factor.
- Venous deficiency is a deficiency which occurs due to backflow of blood in veins. This backflow of veins is caused due to reasons like obesity.
WITCH HAZEL SPIDER VEINS NOSE:
Spider veins on the nose can be cured with witch hazel.
Witch hazel has been used as a cosmetic product for ages. It is also used as a medication to cure various medical conditions like cold sores. Being an astringent, witch hazel contracts the skin tissues and helps in curing spider veins on the nose. Since exposure to the sun also causes spider veins, Witch hazel helps in this case as it contains polyphenols which help in preventing damage.
People with oily skin can benefit a lot from using witch hazel.
For spider veins on the nose, you can apply witch hazel directly on the affected area. You can dip a cotton ball some in a cotton ball and gently dab on the nose region where spider veins are seen. If you prefer good digestion, you can mix a small amount of witch hazel with water and drink it. If you have sensitive skin, you can mix witch hazel with any oil and apply.
Conclusion on Witch Hazel spider veins nose
Spider veins on the face are caused by various reasons like obesity, old age etc. There are various methods to cure spider veins and witch hazel is the popular option. Witch hazel can be ingested or externally applied. Hopefully this article on, witch hazel spider veins nose has explained everything.